Skip to main content

Scrapbook

I want to make a scrapbook in memory of Zoe. I has so many wonderful memories in addition to the bittersweet memories. I have a 40% off coupon for Joanne's, so last night I was off with the goal to come home with a scrapbook and goodies to fill the pages. With cart in hand I meandered through the isles carefully choosing themes for each page. Everything was 40 % off, so it was the perfect time to save a few dollars! After spending at least an hour in the scrapbook section, I headed for the checkout...but I couldn't do it. I froze. Nothing I picked out was good enough...nothing was right for her. I couldn't get this out of my head...it needed to be better...I needed to make her book perfect. So, I turned around and put it all away, and I left.

I know whatever I make will be beautiful and special because it will be filled with memories of little Zoe. I concluded while driving home that I am simply not ready to make that purchase. I am close, but not quite there. It takes time...this whole process takes precious time.

Tim reassured me it was okay I felt this way, and I will pick things out when I am ready. He too had a similar experience while writing a song for her to play at her memorial service. Tim is a wonderful musician who plays the guitar. He wrote a beautiful song, "Zoelle's Lullaby"...the song was perfect, truly. He told me he felt the same way when he was writing, nothing seems good enough. In the end, it was perfect...it came from his heart...from daddy, to his little girl.

So, hopefully soon I can do this for her, sooner then later. I really want to finish it because I want to have something to show my friends and family. I know it will be from my heart because she is from my heart.

Comments

  1. Awwwwe HUGSS!!! Take your time. It takes awhile to be able to do something like that. I am sure her pictures are beautiful. Anything you make will be great, I can feel it. It will be perfect because it came out of your love for her. I'm actually pretty amazed you actually went out to the store. You are a lot stronger than I was... I couldn't go anywhere for 3 months. I was so afraid I would see someone I knew. The first time I went out, I made hubby drive over an hour to another town... baby steps at a time... you made the step of trying to pick something out- that is HUGE!
    Hugs to you Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely sympathize with you. I made a scrapbook for Gregory, but was so caught up on it being perfect. He was a perfect baby and I couldn't just slap something together. Now I am proud of it, but it was difficult to make and brought out lots of tears. I felt relief after it was done. I posted pictures of each page on my blog if you are interested in seeing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Beta

So...my level today was 108!!! The nurse said that was a perfect, healthy number...not too high, not too low. Chances are good we have one little charm in there. Which is PERFECT. We won't know for sure until our u/s...but I have been thinking it's one...and a boy. I feel really connected to a little boy, and awhile ago, Zoe came to me in a dream and said we were going to get pregnant with one baby, a little boy, and things were going to be fine. :-) Sweet little baby of mine...comforting her momma even in spirit. It's strange to be pregnant right now...It doesn't feel real quite yet. It does, but it doesn't. I feel really secure about this pregnancy...almost at peace. I feel deep in my heart we are going to bring home a living baby. It's will be strange to be a mother of 2, one in spirit and one here on Earth. I love Zoelle so deeply, and miss her with each breath I take. I wish she was here to share in the joy of this new life. At the same time, the new life

2nd Beta!

Well, my 2nd beta on Wednesday was 308! Super excited! Who knows...there might just be two lucky charms in there. Everyone seems to think we are having twins...even my very fabulous IVF nurse. Only time will tell. One...two...whatever happens, I am just so excited to be pregnant. We have our first u/s on March 22nd where we will see how many we have and hear the little heart beat/s. Yay!! As of right now I have been feeling wonderful! I am having a bit of nausea here and there, but not too bad. I didn't get sick one time when I was pregnant with Zoe, so we will see. For now, just the normal early pregnancy symptoms and I LOVE IT! I can hardly wait to meet this little bean in 35-36 weeks from now! :-) So the count down begins...17 more days until our first u/s. Unlike my pregnancy test...I can't cheat and head to the office early for this one. What is a girl to do...ha!

Dear Uterus

Dear Uterus, In less then two weeks our second pregnancy begins. Please keep our little embryo's safe and nestled tightly in your womb. I promise to provide you with proper nutrients, vitamins and water. Please stay relaxed and happy! A happy uterus makes for a happy mother. :-) I would greatly appreciate you behaving for at least 37 weeks. Dear uterus, I would like you to recite this mantra over and over..."I am like velcro! I am like velcro!" We can do this! Please be gentle with our little peanuts...this means the world to us. Thanks Uterus! Love, Your body!