Skip to main content

Drained

Thank everyone for all of you comments and support regarding our upcoming IVF journey. Thank you so much!!

This week I have felt completely introverted, drained and overwhelmed. My thoughts are unclear and I am desperately wishing for some clarity or insight. crystal ball, anyone? anyone? Tim had a dream last week that we had twin girls. Twins, singleton, boy, girl or any combo will be fine by me...my wish is a healthy pregnancy and full term baby/babies.

Work seems to be consuming all of my energy lately. Unfortunately I had an OB patient the other night at work. sigh. Of course.

I hate that I am jealous of those with their cute babies and growing bellies. I am trying to be understanding and patient but the universe has a way of slapping me in the face! I am not ready for the holidays this year. I am not ready to see my SIL baby who's due date is the day before Tim's birthday. Last year on Tim's birthday we found out Zoe was a little girl...and it was our own little secret until Christmas. It was amazing!! I hate that my water broke on Christmas...how do I ever enjoy Christmas time again? I hate that she died the day after my dad's Birthday. I hate she is gone after working so very hard to get her here. I have no plans of holding any babies any time soon. No way! I have no plans on going anywhere this year for the holidays. If people can't handle it...well too bad. I guess I am a bitch.

My infertility is a painful reminder of how my body has failed me time and again. My body failed Zoe. I pray that next time around, my body will do it's job and keep our baby safe. I pray we get pregnant with the first cycle of IVF.

Comments

  1. I'm fearing and crying about the holidays too and we are 5 months away.

    Kate I am praying that you will one day have a baby of your very own again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a childless home and I know how hard it is to live in it after losing a baby. I have so many issues with having babies that at times I feel like hiding from this whole parenthood thing. Kate, if you can email me your phone number (Akulmama@yahoo.com) , I would like to talk to you..provided you are comfortable doing so... Hugssssssss becoz IVF is so emotionally draining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always thing and praying for you girl.

    *hugs*
    Love yah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same as you, I am NOT ready for Christmas. I was so blissfully happy this last holiday season, and this time I will be happy if it just goes by fast. And I don't plan on doing a whole lot either, especially with people. I don't care what anyone thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey- I don't know why my dashboard didn't show you posted. In sorry you're feeling so down. I wish I was there and we could go eat something fattening, gush over our babies, and make fun of smug preggys. I banned holidays last year after losing my dad and they are so off this year too. Hopefully, we'll spend Xmas baking our lil' babies.
    Just wanted to tell you, Akul's mama is an IRL friend. She and I met at our support group. She's a very nice lady who conceived her son with IVF.
    Sending you lots of love!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The holidays can be so hard especially with a little one in the family. Do what you can. If you don't feel like doing anything at all - that will be OK too. Everyone will understand that it's hard for you and your husband, especially in the first year. I hope you can find some peace! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2nd Beta!

Well, my 2nd beta on Wednesday was 308! Super excited! Who knows...there might just be two lucky charms in there. Everyone seems to think we are having twins...even my very fabulous IVF nurse. Only time will tell. One...two...whatever happens, I am just so excited to be pregnant. We have our first u/s on March 22nd where we will see how many we have and hear the little heart beat/s. Yay!! As of right now I have been feeling wonderful! I am having a bit of nausea here and there, but not too bad. I didn't get sick one time when I was pregnant with Zoe, so we will see. For now, just the normal early pregnancy symptoms and I LOVE IT! I can hardly wait to meet this little bean in 35-36 weeks from now! :-) So the count down begins...17 more days until our first u/s. Unlike my pregnancy test...I can't cheat and head to the office early for this one. What is a girl to do...ha!

My Beta

So...my level today was 108!!! The nurse said that was a perfect, healthy number...not too high, not too low. Chances are good we have one little charm in there. Which is PERFECT. We won't know for sure until our u/s...but I have been thinking it's one...and a boy. I feel really connected to a little boy, and awhile ago, Zoe came to me in a dream and said we were going to get pregnant with one baby, a little boy, and things were going to be fine. :-) Sweet little baby of mine...comforting her momma even in spirit. It's strange to be pregnant right now...It doesn't feel real quite yet. It does, but it doesn't. I feel really secure about this pregnancy...almost at peace. I feel deep in my heart we are going to bring home a living baby. It's will be strange to be a mother of 2, one in spirit and one here on Earth. I love Zoelle so deeply, and miss her with each breath I take. I wish she was here to share in the joy of this new life. At the same time, the new life

Dear Uterus

Dear Uterus, In less then two weeks our second pregnancy begins. Please keep our little embryo's safe and nestled tightly in your womb. I promise to provide you with proper nutrients, vitamins and water. Please stay relaxed and happy! A happy uterus makes for a happy mother. :-) I would greatly appreciate you behaving for at least 37 weeks. Dear uterus, I would like you to recite this mantra over and over..."I am like velcro! I am like velcro!" We can do this! Please be gentle with our little peanuts...this means the world to us. Thanks Uterus! Love, Your body!