Skip to main content

FET

Well, my FET is approaching quickly, and I am more then ready to do this. Nervous, but ready. I have very much been focusing on postive thinking...well at least trying. Although it's not always easy, I do think there is something to being positive. For nothing else it manages to keep me sane. At the same time, my not so positive moments on here do the trick as well. Overall, I have a good feeling this FET will work...although that little voice in my head creeps in and starts talking shit every now and then (it's a balancing act for sure).

The plan: I see the doctor on Monday for my baseline ultrasound and start my estrogen patch. I have been on lupron for 2 weeks now and just finished my BC pill on Monday. I keep reminding myself that of the few times I have actually ovulated one I got pregnant with Zoe and the other we retrieved 28 eggs. So the odds are on our side. As for my ovaries, they are back to normal (for me). So it would be fantastic to get pregnant and not have hyperstimed! Talk about a miserable, scary way to start off a pregnancy.

Overall, I am trying not to get TOO excited...but I am so ready to be pregnant again. I can't wait! Knowing what we know now, I think this pregnancy will be stressful at times...but I welcome our little one with open arms and an unmeasurable amount of love. We have met with the high risk OB and we are going to see him throughout the pregnancy and for delivery. He said that it's up to us to do a cerclage...so I think we are going to monitor my cervix with weekly u/s initially and take it one step at a time. When I went into preterm labor with Zoe, my water ruptured but I had not dilated. So...chances are good I do not have an incompetent cervix. I seemed to be a classic case of Pprom (premature preterm rupture of membranes). I have been told it usually doesn't strike twice. Lets keep our fingers crossed. So we are going to do the progesterone injections daily during the first trimester then weekly thereafter and monitor for any cervical changes. Mine with Zoe always measured 5cm...which is perfect.

As a good friend of mine told me to repeat this mantra in my head "You uterus is like velcro!" I thought that was cute...and suiting for the occasion.

So I leave with with a picture of my lucky bamboo! A friend gave this to me for my birthday...it even has a little butterfly. I hope she brings us excellent luck with our upcoming FET! She sits in the kitchen window...I just love it.

Comments

  1. Eeek I am so excited for you, but I know how emotional it can be. You go up then you go down. Once you get pregnant again though ... it's mostly up =)

    So can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love lucky bamboo? The butterfly is a perfect touch, btw. I will be thinking of you, stressing with you..... so emotional!

    Good luck, girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, I'm so excited to read this post. We are thinking about you. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking of you!! Good luck, good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, I will be praying so hard for this to take and for you to be pregnant again...you deserve it so much. Love the bamboo, and the little butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crossing my fingers for you!!!!! :) I'm so excited for you to start this process and for you to get your wish!!! We got bamboo after the boys were born too-- there's a bamboo for Colby and then we have special rocks at the bottom from a rock garden we got when we lost Connor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fingers crossed!!! I am so happy you had some frozen and got to miss a month of steps/shots, anything helps!!! Best wishes honey! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you have your very own lucky bamboo!!! I hope it brings you as much luck as ours has given us. I'm really excited for you guys.

    Hope to see you soon!

    xxoo
    B

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello kate...I noticed you were a new follower on my blog. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your little angel is so beautiful!

    I'm so excited for your upcoming FET! We are heading there too, so, I'll be waiting for your updates and ultimate exciting news. Sending prayers your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing and hoping for the best!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Beta

So...my level today was 108!!! The nurse said that was a perfect, healthy number...not too high, not too low. Chances are good we have one little charm in there. Which is PERFECT. We won't know for sure until our u/s...but I have been thinking it's one...and a boy. I feel really connected to a little boy, and awhile ago, Zoe came to me in a dream and said we were going to get pregnant with one baby, a little boy, and things were going to be fine. :-) Sweet little baby of mine...comforting her momma even in spirit. It's strange to be pregnant right now...It doesn't feel real quite yet. It does, but it doesn't. I feel really secure about this pregnancy...almost at peace. I feel deep in my heart we are going to bring home a living baby. It's will be strange to be a mother of 2, one in spirit and one here on Earth. I love Zoelle so deeply, and miss her with each breath I take. I wish she was here to share in the joy of this new life. At the same time, the new life

2nd Beta!

Well, my 2nd beta on Wednesday was 308! Super excited! Who knows...there might just be two lucky charms in there. Everyone seems to think we are having twins...even my very fabulous IVF nurse. Only time will tell. One...two...whatever happens, I am just so excited to be pregnant. We have our first u/s on March 22nd where we will see how many we have and hear the little heart beat/s. Yay!! As of right now I have been feeling wonderful! I am having a bit of nausea here and there, but not too bad. I didn't get sick one time when I was pregnant with Zoe, so we will see. For now, just the normal early pregnancy symptoms and I LOVE IT! I can hardly wait to meet this little bean in 35-36 weeks from now! :-) So the count down begins...17 more days until our first u/s. Unlike my pregnancy test...I can't cheat and head to the office early for this one. What is a girl to do...ha!

Dear Uterus

Dear Uterus, In less then two weeks our second pregnancy begins. Please keep our little embryo's safe and nestled tightly in your womb. I promise to provide you with proper nutrients, vitamins and water. Please stay relaxed and happy! A happy uterus makes for a happy mother. :-) I would greatly appreciate you behaving for at least 37 weeks. Dear uterus, I would like you to recite this mantra over and over..."I am like velcro! I am like velcro!" We can do this! Please be gentle with our little peanuts...this means the world to us. Thanks Uterus! Love, Your body!