Skip to main content

Racing emotions and river of tears

So many emotions have raced through my veins this week. I am ecstatic about our new home, I simply love it! I love my husband, I love our families and I love my friends (present company included). However, I miss my little one so intensely it feels like I have been shot through the heart. Stabbed over and over with no possible light at the end of the tunnel to release me from this pain. Spring has sprung, and with that comes babies...all of my friends and coworkers who are due this month. Except our baby, who has been born and passed. Our baby whose urn sits in our living room, whose clothes are boxed away in the basement, and whose memories are carefully placed in her scrapbook. Our baby wasn't so fortunate, neither were we.

One of my dearest friends, a friend who I have known since kindergarten, a friend who was in our wedding had her 4th baby yesterday. Yes, 4th! She is in a terrible relationship, living under terrible circumstances, yet here she is again having another child. I joke and say she can get pregnant looking at sperm. I am not so sure that isn't true. Anyway, she left a message on our voice mail yesterday, and baby boy # 4 has arrived. I want to be happy for her, and of course I am glad they are okay and he arrived safely and healthy...but I can't help to feel anger, sheer jealousy. I hate that our baby is dead. I hate that all of our babies are gone. It makes me cringe. What I am trying to comprehend is... why? But I know there isn't an answer for such a question. I set here with tears streaming down my face, wishing I could bring her back. My heart will never be the same, I will simply never be the same.

I wish I could feel for just a moment.. nothing. I wish I could experience life without this empty, yet painful wound in the middle of my chest. I wish I could hold Zoe again, and kiss her sweet face take her in. Unlike other mothers, I am not so lucky. I long for the midnight feedings, the dirty diapers, the lack of sleep. I would do it without complaint. I am sure other angel baby mothers and infertility mommas feel the same way. Complaining isn't in our vocabulary when it comes to our children. I think we would feel guilty complaining...maybe I am wrong and I am the only one who feels that way. Not sure.

But life continues to go on, despite my pain. Babies continue to be born, and Zoe is still gone. Nothing can change this. My pain and sadness will not bring her back, no matter how much I beg, plead and bargain (whoever may be listening). Life without our baby has been a journey like no other. I never could have imagined the pain I am experiencing. Most people have no idea what I deal with on a daily basis. I was in labor with Zoe for 8 hours and delivered a breathing, living human being. A beautiful child who did not have the ability to be saved. To watch your child live, breathe and die is devastating. My baby died in my arms. She died in my arms, but will live in my heart forever.

Comments

  1. I agree with you about not complaining about children. I hate it when people gripe about their kids. I wish so much that mine was here, I don't care how much he might bug me if he were. My SIL sometimes says "yeah just wait till you have to deal with the dirty diapers" OH what I would GIVE to have those dirty diapers right now. Anything. Just anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything you wrote, especially "I wish my baby was not dead". It is just so unfair and I wonder how long it will sting to hear about other babies being born after ours are just an afterthought to everyone else. I agree about the guilt complaining about such a miracle and the unfairness to the fact that we will never have an answer WHY. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you Kate. The crying nights and dirty diapers reminded me of something. When Braylynne was little, my husband didn't want to be woken up at night to help with diapers. So I finally stopped asking him to help. When Angel died, he told me how much he regretted not enjoying every single dirty diaper and sleepless night...and wishes so bad he could go through that with angel and would never get the chance.

    I wish that our girls were here...it's not fair. I will never understand why some people (people who really shouldn't have kids) are blessed with so many. It makes me so angry.

    Only God knows...

    I can say the pain will get better, in pain. I hurt each day, but nowhere near I did...I NEVER thought, I wouldn't hurt as bad... But I know me telling you this...you are probably thinking, yeah right... I will never stop hurting this badly...

    Your Zoelle was beautiful... She is an Angel... Talk to her on your bad days...sometimes that would help me.

    You will never be the same, but some reason God chose you, to be on this journey... I just hope someday you will find the reason why... why all of us, had to walk this journey of grief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's strange the way grief works, isn't it? We're fine for days on end, and then WHAM! It hits you full force and knocks you flat. I'm so sorry Kate--I wish your Zoe girl was with you, too. I'm holding you and your family in my thoughts and heart~
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Beta

So...my level today was 108!!! The nurse said that was a perfect, healthy number...not too high, not too low. Chances are good we have one little charm in there. Which is PERFECT. We won't know for sure until our u/s...but I have been thinking it's one...and a boy. I feel really connected to a little boy, and awhile ago, Zoe came to me in a dream and said we were going to get pregnant with one baby, a little boy, and things were going to be fine. :-) Sweet little baby of mine...comforting her momma even in spirit. It's strange to be pregnant right now...It doesn't feel real quite yet. It does, but it doesn't. I feel really secure about this pregnancy...almost at peace. I feel deep in my heart we are going to bring home a living baby. It's will be strange to be a mother of 2, one in spirit and one here on Earth. I love Zoelle so deeply, and miss her with each breath I take. I wish she was here to share in the joy of this new life. At the same time, the new life

2nd Beta!

Well, my 2nd beta on Wednesday was 308! Super excited! Who knows...there might just be two lucky charms in there. Everyone seems to think we are having twins...even my very fabulous IVF nurse. Only time will tell. One...two...whatever happens, I am just so excited to be pregnant. We have our first u/s on March 22nd where we will see how many we have and hear the little heart beat/s. Yay!! As of right now I have been feeling wonderful! I am having a bit of nausea here and there, but not too bad. I didn't get sick one time when I was pregnant with Zoe, so we will see. For now, just the normal early pregnancy symptoms and I LOVE IT! I can hardly wait to meet this little bean in 35-36 weeks from now! :-) So the count down begins...17 more days until our first u/s. Unlike my pregnancy test...I can't cheat and head to the office early for this one. What is a girl to do...ha!

Dear Uterus

Dear Uterus, In less then two weeks our second pregnancy begins. Please keep our little embryo's safe and nestled tightly in your womb. I promise to provide you with proper nutrients, vitamins and water. Please stay relaxed and happy! A happy uterus makes for a happy mother. :-) I would greatly appreciate you behaving for at least 37 weeks. Dear uterus, I would like you to recite this mantra over and over..."I am like velcro! I am like velcro!" We can do this! Please be gentle with our little peanuts...this means the world to us. Thanks Uterus! Love, Your body!