Skip to main content

Falling apart

Yesterday Tim and I went on a one day road trip to Amish country in Ohio. We stayed at this fantastic castle and relaxed! Then today we stopped at some quaint shops and ate lunch at a great local "home cooking" type restaurant. It really was exactly what we needed.

Well, back to reality. I am a wreck this afternoon. I feel like I am spinning out of control and there is no one here to catch me. I am so depressed, and overwhelmingly anxious. I miss Zoe. I miss her so much tears stream down my face when I think of her. Tim got laid off 2 weeks ago, we just bought a house...life seems very overwhelming and never seems to give us a break.

I feel completely broken. I can't even get pregnant on my own! It's what I am supposed to do as a woman, yet here I am and I am broken. Going through infertility treatments is so expensive, and if I have to go on bed rest like I did when I was pregnant with Zoe...well, we just don't have that kind of money right now. How sad, here were are a middle class couple and we can't "afford" to get pregnant. I used all of my sick leave when I was pregnant with Zoe. I feel completely hopeless...I am pretty sure I will never have the opportunity to hold my own living, healthy child.

I hate work right now as well. I hate leaving the house, I hate interacting with people in general. I feel completely detached from the outside world. I am so jealous of other people with there belly's and babies. Mother's day was just icing on the cake. What is wrong with me? I think it is time to give the good ol doctor a call for some antidepressants. I have been trying to avoid it, but I am not feeling better...I am feeling worse. I am so freakin angry!!! Why is my child dead! Why? I am affraid no one will ever be able to answer that for me.

I am sorry for the very sad blog today. I just needed to vent, I guess.

Comments

  1. Please, Kate. Talk to your doctor. It will help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is your space! Vent away. We all understand and many of us have been there. If you ever get in one of these places and need someone to come over, to take a walk with, to grab a cup of coffee or tea or whatever, please call me! I'll be there in 20.

    I'm so sorry hon. I'm wishing you an easier day tomorrow.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, vent away, it does seem to relieve a little pain sometimes. I am sorry you are feeling so lost. I've been there.

    Sending you lots of love and strength. You are a strong woman to ask for help.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree this is a place to vent and we are here for you sweet girl. I know exactly how you are feeling right now. If my work did offer short term disability leave, we would NOT be getting pregnant this year. It is so not fair that infertility insurance is mandatory in ALL states. Sometimes I just want to pack up and move to a state that does. It's so not fair. I am so sorry sweet girl.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. It isn't fair. I wish we had some answers to WHY this has happened and changed our lives so much. I know what it is like to feel completely broken for not being able to get pregnant. And it is so expensive. The treatments and testing and everything is such a financial drain. I hate that you have to go through this. I often feel disconnected from the rest of the world and depressed. I have no advice, just know I'm here for you and I have many of the same feelings. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Beta

So...my level today was 108!!! The nurse said that was a perfect, healthy number...not too high, not too low. Chances are good we have one little charm in there. Which is PERFECT. We won't know for sure until our u/s...but I have been thinking it's one...and a boy. I feel really connected to a little boy, and awhile ago, Zoe came to me in a dream and said we were going to get pregnant with one baby, a little boy, and things were going to be fine. :-) Sweet little baby of mine...comforting her momma even in spirit. It's strange to be pregnant right now...It doesn't feel real quite yet. It does, but it doesn't. I feel really secure about this pregnancy...almost at peace. I feel deep in my heart we are going to bring home a living baby. It's will be strange to be a mother of 2, one in spirit and one here on Earth. I love Zoelle so deeply, and miss her with each breath I take. I wish she was here to share in the joy of this new life. At the same time, the new life

Testing, testing,...1...2...3

So I couldn't resist!!! I tried! Yesterday morning I woke up at 4:30 with the urge! The urge to hopefully break our BFN streak and prove to be pregnant. Well, into the bathroom I went, gingerly tip-toeing across the hardwood, attempting to avoid waking up Tim. I slowing opened the home pregnancy test package, praying that what I have been expecting was true. There I was, starring at the test...waiting for the line to arrive (Where else to go during the wee hours of the morning...I was trying not to wake up Tim, or the pups downstairs!). Then it appeared, like a magic trick right before my very own eyes! The faintest of faint pink line. It was so faint, I thought for sure it wasn't real. I bursted back into the bedroom "Tim...Tim...are yo awake?" In reply "Kate, it's 4:30 in the morning, what the heck are you doing up?" "I just took a pregnancy test, there are TWO LINES!" Tim's first reply was "why are you testing already and why at 4:

2nd Beta!

Well, my 2nd beta on Wednesday was 308! Super excited! Who knows...there might just be two lucky charms in there. Everyone seems to think we are having twins...even my very fabulous IVF nurse. Only time will tell. One...two...whatever happens, I am just so excited to be pregnant. We have our first u/s on March 22nd where we will see how many we have and hear the little heart beat/s. Yay!! As of right now I have been feeling wonderful! I am having a bit of nausea here and there, but not too bad. I didn't get sick one time when I was pregnant with Zoe, so we will see. For now, just the normal early pregnancy symptoms and I LOVE IT! I can hardly wait to meet this little bean in 35-36 weeks from now! :-) So the count down begins...17 more days until our first u/s. Unlike my pregnancy test...I can't cheat and head to the office early for this one. What is a girl to do...ha!