Skip to main content

stepping back, moving forward

There comes a point when certain people cause pain, even when they haven't a clue...they still manage to inflict pain on my suffering, bleeding heart. So, I am stepping back, deleting people from facebook, and accepting things in my life for face value. And you know what? It's okay. Right now, going to my in-laws is very painful for me. My water ruptured on Christmas when we we visiting my in-laws. It's difficult to go there, to drive there, to breath in the air and not feel as though my heart is bursting into a million pieces. It's amazingly painful not having Zoe here, alive and well. I can't believe she has been gone for almost a year, and we are no closer to being pregnant now then we were 6 months ago. I hate that about myself. I hate that I can't get pregnant...and further more I hate other people for getting pregnant without any problems. I hate that piece of shit women out there do drugs, drink and smoke while they are pregnant. I hate so much about our world right now. "They" say grief has different types of stages, and I most certainly am dealing with my anger state right now. I miss Zoe so much. Today I cried and cried, Tim held me. I am so thankful he loves me unconditionally, during this ugly hateful state of mine. My soul is truly burdened, and heavy with pain. Sometimes I wonder what we will do if this next cycle doesn't work. I think of how truly depressed I will feel. Will adaption ever be good enough for me? I know that seems so selfish, but I long to feel our baby moving and kicking again. Zoe was so super active, I felt her moving around relatively early in pregnancy. I long to go through labor and breastfeed.

So for now, it is important, if not vital for me to surround myself with people who love me and understand my pain. I have always been supportive and kind to my friends and family who are pregnant, and I expect nothing less in return. I am stepping back from those who can't seem to get it together and simply be kind to Tim and I. Screw them! Right now it is all about us. We are currently in the midst of an IVF cycle, and Zoe's one year anniversary is approaching quickly. It is time for me to move past my angry toward those who haven't been there for me over the last year, becuase many people have been there for Tim and I. It's time to step back and move forward. Push on through the holidays, with those who understand and want to grief and celebrate the ever so short, beautiful life of our daughter. Oh course I have my bad days, hell...more bad then good, but I owe to it myself to move on from this angry I harbor toward those who simply don't give a shit about our grieving process. I am not for sure how I feel about sharing my feelings about this cycle. I am so exhausted. Hopefully somewhere in the near future we will have some good news. God owes us...a few!

Comments

  1. I am so sorry your sweet Zoe isn't in your arms right now. It is so painful to live without our children and I can only imagine your add frustration with not being able to conceive. I hope you find some peace and comfort and good news very soon!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Kate. You, Tim and Zoe run constantly through my mind. Jason and I are very much still up for hanging out with you guys during these upcoming holidays.

    I know what you mean though about the anger. As we approach the holidays, the one year anniversary of the boys being gone, it's all so damn painful.

    Always here for you. I was having such a bad day the other day ... I was going to call you. I should have but it was sort of late. =(

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel your hurt and your anger and I absolutely understand it, Kate. Please, please be easy on yourself, though. This is NOT YOUR FAULT. None of it. Not the fact that Zoelle isn't here on earth, not the fact that you can't get pregnant at the drop of a hat...none of that is within our control, sadly. This is such an awful, dark, difficult period--but I promise you, it will pass. You and Tim are such good-hearted, wonderful people...and you WILL be parents. I feel so sure of that.

    Holding you all in my heart as December approaches~

    Brenna

    PS--Are you going to the rememberance ceremony? We went last year and it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate I understand what you are saying. I am so sorry Zoe is not in your arms right now and you are absolutely right - there is just no logic to who gets to have babies and who does not. I have problems coming to terms with this act of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Kate. You are trying to move forward even though it must be very very difficult -you are always so brave. I think it's okay to be sad and angry though. Take your time. We are here to support you no matter how long it takes. - Aya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate, I recently went through the anger phase of grief all over again myself, its brutal, it's all brutal. But please know that if you are doing an IVF cyce, then the drugs you are injecting yourself with makes this feeling 10x's more intense, trust me, I know. Its great you are surrounding yourself with just people who "get it", thats ok, and its good for your sanity. Have faith in this cycle and the miracle that IVF can and will bring you again. Hugs and love, Nan xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can imagine how much pain you must feel at this time of year, and even thinking about your in-law's house must bring you such hurt. I'm sorry there are people who continue to bring you pain. I still deal with some of that as well. I think it is a wise and brave decision to cut those people out of your life at this point. You deserve more.

    I completely agree with you regarding the unfairness of the world as well. How can mothers who are so terrible and undeserving of their babies continue to have them while others struggle? Yuck. I will be thinking about you so much this season. Hugs and good luck with this IVF cycle. My fingers are crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on the hate thing, my friends neighbour is a drug addicted prostitute, yet her baby is just fine, go figure. Life is certainly not fair, not fair at all.
    All my fingers are crossed for luck with your cycle xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Beta

So...my level today was 108!!! The nurse said that was a perfect, healthy number...not too high, not too low. Chances are good we have one little charm in there. Which is PERFECT. We won't know for sure until our u/s...but I have been thinking it's one...and a boy. I feel really connected to a little boy, and awhile ago, Zoe came to me in a dream and said we were going to get pregnant with one baby, a little boy, and things were going to be fine. :-) Sweet little baby of mine...comforting her momma even in spirit. It's strange to be pregnant right now...It doesn't feel real quite yet. It does, but it doesn't. I feel really secure about this pregnancy...almost at peace. I feel deep in my heart we are going to bring home a living baby. It's will be strange to be a mother of 2, one in spirit and one here on Earth. I love Zoelle so deeply, and miss her with each breath I take. I wish she was here to share in the joy of this new life. At the same time, the new life

2nd Beta!

Well, my 2nd beta on Wednesday was 308! Super excited! Who knows...there might just be two lucky charms in there. Everyone seems to think we are having twins...even my very fabulous IVF nurse. Only time will tell. One...two...whatever happens, I am just so excited to be pregnant. We have our first u/s on March 22nd where we will see how many we have and hear the little heart beat/s. Yay!! As of right now I have been feeling wonderful! I am having a bit of nausea here and there, but not too bad. I didn't get sick one time when I was pregnant with Zoe, so we will see. For now, just the normal early pregnancy symptoms and I LOVE IT! I can hardly wait to meet this little bean in 35-36 weeks from now! :-) So the count down begins...17 more days until our first u/s. Unlike my pregnancy test...I can't cheat and head to the office early for this one. What is a girl to do...ha!

Dear Uterus

Dear Uterus, In less then two weeks our second pregnancy begins. Please keep our little embryo's safe and nestled tightly in your womb. I promise to provide you with proper nutrients, vitamins and water. Please stay relaxed and happy! A happy uterus makes for a happy mother. :-) I would greatly appreciate you behaving for at least 37 weeks. Dear uterus, I would like you to recite this mantra over and over..."I am like velcro! I am like velcro!" We can do this! Please be gentle with our little peanuts...this means the world to us. Thanks Uterus! Love, Your body!