Skip to main content

Today's appointment

Well...my follicles are getting close...so it looks like I will trigger tomorrow or Wednesday for either a Thursday or Friday retrieval. My estrogen level was 2000 yesterday (WHOA!!!!) so depending on what it is today, my nurse is going to call me to possibly decrease the dose by half (down to 75 units daily). I am feeling extremely tender at the moment...I definitely know my ovaries are there. We talked about transfer dates today...we are thinking December 17th, Tim's Birthday. Last year on his birthday we had the greatest u/s ever and found out our little jelly bean was a girl. I told Tim we could do it the week before or week after if he wanted. I guess we will see. A part of me thinks it would be really special to share that day again with our future baby/babies...Zoelle would be happy, I am sure.

I have been tearful all day...my mind was so focused on transferring next week...I feel like I ran into a brick wall that I didn't even see. And it hurts, Dammit!

Today is sad. I am reminded of how badly I miss Zoelle, and I am deep the sting of infertility truly penetrates. I know 10 weeks is not that long, however...it is soooo utterly disappointing.

By the way...my right ovary is 14cm in size!!!! Yikes! And I am not even pregnant! (your ovaries should be between 3-5 cm) Last year my right ovary increased to a massive 18cm after I was pregnant! And we all know how that pregnancy turned out...Sometimes I really hate the universe!

sigh...


If I remember...I going to ask for a picutre of my ovaries tomorrow!

Comments

  1. I hope you are able to get lots and lots of eggs and a really good fertilization rate!

    I know waiting to transfer is so hard to do - but for your own health and safetly it's the right thing to do.

    I think it is wonderful that you are considering doing the transfer on such a special day. I love tying things together like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound like things are progressing well. I will pray for a perfect baby. Take care & God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think December 17th sounds like a wonderful day to make some babies. It will be nice to have those embies tucked inside you before the holidays and Zoelle's anniversary. Thinking of you and Zoe! Let me know how the retrieval goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I know Miss Zoe would be so happy to share that special date with her sibling/s Always thinking of you my dear friend.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you and hoping all goes well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry you have to wait. I like the idea about the date :) Keep us updated on how things go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 10 weeks seems like forever when all you can think about is that ONE thing!! I like the idea on the date too..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am on pins and needles with you. Hoping for a very good Dec. 17th.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Beta

So...my level today was 108!!! The nurse said that was a perfect, healthy number...not too high, not too low. Chances are good we have one little charm in there. Which is PERFECT. We won't know for sure until our u/s...but I have been thinking it's one...and a boy. I feel really connected to a little boy, and awhile ago, Zoe came to me in a dream and said we were going to get pregnant with one baby, a little boy, and things were going to be fine. :-) Sweet little baby of mine...comforting her momma even in spirit. It's strange to be pregnant right now...It doesn't feel real quite yet. It does, but it doesn't. I feel really secure about this pregnancy...almost at peace. I feel deep in my heart we are going to bring home a living baby. It's will be strange to be a mother of 2, one in spirit and one here on Earth. I love Zoelle so deeply, and miss her with each breath I take. I wish she was here to share in the joy of this new life. At the same time, the new life

2nd Beta!

Well, my 2nd beta on Wednesday was 308! Super excited! Who knows...there might just be two lucky charms in there. Everyone seems to think we are having twins...even my very fabulous IVF nurse. Only time will tell. One...two...whatever happens, I am just so excited to be pregnant. We have our first u/s on March 22nd where we will see how many we have and hear the little heart beat/s. Yay!! As of right now I have been feeling wonderful! I am having a bit of nausea here and there, but not too bad. I didn't get sick one time when I was pregnant with Zoe, so we will see. For now, just the normal early pregnancy symptoms and I LOVE IT! I can hardly wait to meet this little bean in 35-36 weeks from now! :-) So the count down begins...17 more days until our first u/s. Unlike my pregnancy test...I can't cheat and head to the office early for this one. What is a girl to do...ha!

Dear Uterus

Dear Uterus, In less then two weeks our second pregnancy begins. Please keep our little embryo's safe and nestled tightly in your womb. I promise to provide you with proper nutrients, vitamins and water. Please stay relaxed and happy! A happy uterus makes for a happy mother. :-) I would greatly appreciate you behaving for at least 37 weeks. Dear uterus, I would like you to recite this mantra over and over..."I am like velcro! I am like velcro!" We can do this! Please be gentle with our little peanuts...this means the world to us. Thanks Uterus! Love, Your body!