Skip to main content

Full Circle

Today I had a followup appointment with my RE. I couldn't ask for anything more in a practice, really. I love my doctor, the nurses are awesome, the receptionist are kind and friendly, the lab tech always gets me on the first stick and our embryologist is smart and easy on the eyes :-) All good things! Everyone was so excited to see see River and I today. I think our Doc thought her name was a little strange...but hey...not his kid! haha. Many of the people at that office has seen us from the beginning of this journey, so bringing River in with me was a big deal. We discussed the game plan with my PCOS. I rarely ovulate so birth control isn't much of an issue for us. Plus, I don't really want to be on the pill. So I am going to take provera every 3 months to stimulate a period (not ovulation)to keep my uterine lining within normal range. Of course my ovaries where covered in smalls follicles and large as usual. Nothing new. He also mentioned Zoe, which was very sweet. His daughter had a loss around the same time as us, so we had a connection there in terms of understanding the magnitude of infant death. It is very real to him and obviously to us.

My doctor has a very dry sense of humor and I totally love it! It takes a while to crack his outer shell...but once you do I find him hilarious. Our funny conversation today:

Dr. M: Well, do ya care if I check out your uterus?
Me: I thought you would never ask!
Dr. M: (we are both laughing) Okay...that came off wrong!

At this point, it's important to be able to laugh, even at the expensive of my uterus and totally crazy ovaries! Right!

We actually just got our bill for our embyro's this week as well. A friendly reminder that we have embryos frozen just waiting for a nice warm uterine home. We shall see...a great deal of convincing will need to be done in order to get Tim on board to have another biological child. River is only 4 months old...so plenty of time. BUT...when you have embyro's and the bill arrives...it does stimulate some conversation about what to do with them. Frankly, I am very attached to my embryos...I worked damn hard to get those!! I believe we have 11 left...and I feel very fortunate because many people can't stimulate 11 at all! I had 17 (I believe) embryos!! Yeah, I now...mother hen.

Anyway...I feel like we most certainly have come full circle, and it warms my heart.

Comments

  1. I love love love your family photo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kate, what a beautiful photo! I can't believe I haven't met River in person yet. Now that the weather is finally (please, please, please?) starting to turn, maybe we can get together for a nice stroll some time.

    I understand your attachment to your embryos. We don't have nearly as many (just 5 for us, 4 here and one in DC) and I'm hoping to give them a chance to thaw soon, knowing that odds are only half of them (if that) will survive for a transfer. Scary, and I certainly understand your hesitation around a pregnancy again any time soon (Tatum is now 15 months and I'm *just* beginning to consider it)--but I'll bet given time, both you and Tim will feel ready again.

    Hugs to you and to sweet River~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your RE cracks me up.

    River is really growing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent Article. Thanks for sharing.. http://www.ttvgroups.com/chamber-bricks-manufacturers-tirunelveli.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2nd Beta!

Well, my 2nd beta on Wednesday was 308! Super excited! Who knows...there might just be two lucky charms in there. Everyone seems to think we are having twins...even my very fabulous IVF nurse. Only time will tell. One...two...whatever happens, I am just so excited to be pregnant. We have our first u/s on March 22nd where we will see how many we have and hear the little heart beat/s. Yay!! As of right now I have been feeling wonderful! I am having a bit of nausea here and there, but not too bad. I didn't get sick one time when I was pregnant with Zoe, so we will see. For now, just the normal early pregnancy symptoms and I LOVE IT! I can hardly wait to meet this little bean in 35-36 weeks from now! :-) So the count down begins...17 more days until our first u/s. Unlike my pregnancy test...I can't cheat and head to the office early for this one. What is a girl to do...ha!

My Beta

So...my level today was 108!!! The nurse said that was a perfect, healthy number...not too high, not too low. Chances are good we have one little charm in there. Which is PERFECT. We won't know for sure until our u/s...but I have been thinking it's one...and a boy. I feel really connected to a little boy, and awhile ago, Zoe came to me in a dream and said we were going to get pregnant with one baby, a little boy, and things were going to be fine. :-) Sweet little baby of mine...comforting her momma even in spirit. It's strange to be pregnant right now...It doesn't feel real quite yet. It does, but it doesn't. I feel really secure about this pregnancy...almost at peace. I feel deep in my heart we are going to bring home a living baby. It's will be strange to be a mother of 2, one in spirit and one here on Earth. I love Zoelle so deeply, and miss her with each breath I take. I wish she was here to share in the joy of this new life. At the same time, the new life

Dear Uterus

Dear Uterus, In less then two weeks our second pregnancy begins. Please keep our little embryo's safe and nestled tightly in your womb. I promise to provide you with proper nutrients, vitamins and water. Please stay relaxed and happy! A happy uterus makes for a happy mother. :-) I would greatly appreciate you behaving for at least 37 weeks. Dear uterus, I would like you to recite this mantra over and over..."I am like velcro! I am like velcro!" We can do this! Please be gentle with our little peanuts...this means the world to us. Thanks Uterus! Love, Your body!